2011年5月27日 星期五

Sands of Time

"Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime.

And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time."

After reading the deep poem on top, it reminds me a modern person can accomplish great things. He creates a "language" that can communicate with entire Chinese in the whole world, people can chat really well through his language although they don't recognize others. He creates a wonder in my heart-- He is Jin Yong. He is my favorite martial art and chivalry author and a great model. Although he is old, he never gives up studying and even get Ph.D in University of Cambridge. His writings mingle the true Chinese history with some of the heroes he creates. Readers can find out what happens to China through dynasties and how Chinese tries to drive out the invaders. He also adds lots of philosophical thoughts and religion believes in novels, such as Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism. My favorite part of all is the concept of his novels, which emphasizes the importance of the loyalty in brotherhood. I appreciate the steadfast friendship and bond between the characters. They are usually loyal to their brothers and are willing to sacrifice themselves. They aren't scared of death and are willing to die together. I love their firm determinations while they face death.
The literary device that Longfellow using with “leave behind us/Footprints on the sands of time” is metaphor, since the footprints represent the marvels or great accomplishments that people leave behind in the world. As for Jin Yong, the novels he writes have already exist for 50 years, even before I am born. I was so regret that I didn't read his novels until I was grade 7. However, I can promise that his novels will hand down forever, because he is the best martial arts writer ever and has a significant position in leading worldwide novelists. As for me, I wish that I can leave behind "footprints", too. Although I don't really sure whether I have the ability or not, at least, it's a dream that will push me forward. I think I'm more interested in genetic engineering and business. I will definitely learn to be a businesswoman since I would like to study invest and stock certificate. I would like to study genetic engineering because I am attracted by breeding new species. It may produce a large amount of harvest within a short time; therefore, it can help avoid from famine. Since girls like to be beautiful, I think there is a great opportunity for earning money by making cream and essence that include genetic engineering, such as revealable- white- skin genes in plants. Anyhow, this is only a dream. If I wish that dream will come true, I better study harder, get high grades on SAT, and admit to favorite university first.

1 則留言:

  1. Genetic engineering of cream??? Wow. I'm sure you'll leave footprints in the sand. :)

    回覆刪除